Moore's Law is Not Dead and AI is About to ExplodeApr 11, 2021
- Historical outcome of Moore's Law is actually accelerating
- Relative cost of processing is falling like a rock
- Network & storage are becoming expensive bottlenecks
- Networking & storage will become distributed & decentralized
- Processing is getting pushed to the edge where the data is created
- Most edge data (99%) won't move back to the cloud - example Tesla - most of the data won't go back to the cloud
- AI will move from modelling to inference - "Inference is the deployment of the model, taking real-time data from sensors, processing data locally, applying the training that has been developed in the cloud and making micro-adjustments in real time."
- Most AI will be bought and applied, not built
- Data becomes the new development kit
- Implications for hardware, software and services
Image source: Elements
Stay connected with news and updates
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
We hate spam. We love you.